We sift and shift things from one place to another creating space to paint, generally dumping things onto the kitchen table where MiL rummages through it, passing the odd comment.
"What's this?" she asks, holding up a small box.
I look across. "It's where we keep little things of Daisy's*" I say. "Mementos." I add helpfully.
[*Daisy=Daughter. Soon to be celebrating her third birthday]
"Things to show her when she's older" joins in Wife.
"oh."
We resume painting.
"What's this?" MiL has opened the box and is now examining a small white plastic bracelet.
Wife: "It's Daisy's birth bracelet."
"Daisy's what?"
"It's the tag the Hospital put on Daisy when she born. It has her weight and stuff written on it."
"oh" says MiL, turning the tiny object around in her hands. "You should keep that."
Wife: "It's Daisy's birth bracelet."
"Daisy's what?"
"It's the tag the Hospital put on Daisy when she born. It has her weight and stuff written on it."
"oh" says MiL, turning the tiny object around in her hands. "You should keep that."
Wife: [expression that is difficult to express in words].
No comments:
Post a Comment